Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports News > Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-17, 06:41 PM   #1
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,165
Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Dallas Cowboys RB, Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended for 6-games leading off the 2017-2018 season.

You may remember, Zeke led the League in rushing last season, and was looking forward to doing it again.

Again, the 'Boys leading RB has been suspended 6-games for conduct detrimental to the League (Domestic Violence). Here's the complete story...
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-17, 10:07 PM   #2
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey
 
Zaphod of Whiskers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Posts: 7,723
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

just reading a bit, this guy seems like a rabble rouser. he's got quite a few run-ins with the law the past few years.
__________________


Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-17, 04:28 AM   #3
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 21,432
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

I'm almost sorry for the 'Boys, but to hear me tell Mrs. Mo, i AM sorry for the 'Boys.

But in my heart, F Elliot. Suspension is too good for him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-17, 07:43 PM   #4
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,165
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
just reading a bit, this guy seems like a rabble rouser. he's got quite a few run-ins with the law the past few years.
Yeah ZoW, trouble seems to follow him from incident to incident.

Being a bigger fan of the 'Boys than Jerry Jones, but also the father of 3 girls, it's hard for me to look the other way.

Although, I'm looking forward to his appeal, which should give him several games into the season before he'll have to serve the suspension.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I'm almost sorry for the 'Boys, but to hear me tell Mrs. Mo, i AM sorry for the 'Boys.

But in my heart, F Elliot. Suspension is too good for him.
I can't believe you'd treat both me and Mrs. Mo with such a cold heart.

What got me from the beginning was his visit to a Marijuana Shop in Denver before he joined the Cowboys. His understanding of "how things look", needs some looking into.
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-17, 08:02 PM   #5
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey
 
Zaphod of Whiskers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Posts: 7,723
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

that whole conundrum is weird still. it's legal to do weed/vape here in Colorado, yet most workplaces still require you be drug free. it begs the logical question, umm ok so it appears that for the tax revenue the govt is suggesting businesses turn a blind eye and go against their company policy. or are they coercing said companies to change policy to accept weed users as workers status quo.
__________________


Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-17, 07:58 PM   #6
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
 
Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Sacred Symbols Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Finishing Eko's Church
Posts: 5,912
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
that whole conundrum is weird still. it's legal to do weed/vape here in Colorado, yet most workplaces still require you be drug free. it begs the logical question, umm ok so it appears that for the tax revenue the govt is suggesting businesses turn a blind eye and go against their company policy. or are they coercing said companies to change policy to accept weed users as workers status quo.
I wonder how long it stays in your system and if how they determine if you are under the influence at the time of the test. They have blood alcohol tests but do they have anything for pot?

Maybe they aren't accurate and thus they have a zero tolerance policy to ensure no one is high while at work.

I have no idea what the law is. Can a company have a clause making caffeine a valid reason for dismissal?
FrodoFraggins is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-17, 09:44 PM   #7
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,165
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Zeke will be appealing his suspension by Tuesday. His legal team has already sent a letter to the media completely contradicting what the League said in their report.

Although, I agreed with the TB-12 fans on the Board, how can you appeal a suspension to the "guy" who suspended you? Why would there be any difference in the outcome?

Okay, maybe he'll get the suspension lowered to 4-games, but that's asking for a lot. Brady got no relief from the League regarding his 4-game suspension for Deflate-gate.

Now, if he gets a negative appeal report, he can then sue the League. Again, this didn't help TB-12 at all. Although, this could push the suspension far enough into the season, it might not matter.
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-17, 12:29 PM   #8
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch
 
Peggy Sawyer's Avatar
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Impossible to know all the details of the Elliott controversy, but Goodell now has Jerry Jones along with Robert Kraft as two owners somewhat frustrated with his autonomy in the player-conduct department. That's two significant names there. Hopefully it all leads to a committee-based handling of such matters in the next CBA.
__________________
Peggy Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-17, 04:06 PM   #9
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 21,432
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
that whole conundrum is weird still. it's legal to do weed/vape here in Colorado, yet most workplaces still require you be drug free. it begs the logical question, umm ok so it appears that for the tax revenue the govt is suggesting businesses turn a blind eye and go against their company policy. or are they coercing said companies to change policy to accept weed users as workers status quo.
From where i'm sitting, it looks to me like two very different things at the same time. In one eye, i see a system slowing changing for the better. In the other eye, i see corruption grow when selective enforcement becomes the norm. That (second) side of my head also has Frank Zappa's ghost whispering in its ear about the criminalization of the United States populace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
I wonder how long it stays in your system and if how they determine if you are under the influence at the time of the test. They have blood alcohol tests but do they have anything for pot?

Maybe they aren't accurate and thus they have a zero tolerance policy to ensure no one is high while at work.

I have no idea what the law is. Can a company have a clause making caffeine a valid reason for dismissal?
Yes there are blood and urine and even saliva screens for marijuana, and many tests are sensitive enough to determine relative levels present.

A private company can stipulate pretty much anything they want in a private contract with a private individual. Whether or not they can actually enforce those terms varies by locale and by the relative value of the terms themselves, as decided in courts of law. I don't think i really answered your question, but i'm no lawyer either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-17, 05:51 PM   #10
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,165
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Sawyer View Post
...Hopefully it all leads to a committee-based handling of such matters in the next CBA.
Peggy, from your mouth to TPTB's ear.
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports News »


Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Latest Posts: All Discussion Forums
Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Forum
Star Trek: Discovery - CBS/All Access... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Hodgepodge
Today 12:35 AM
by Hodgepodge
67 Featured TV General
What's New/super legit maths forum ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
catnap
Today 12:23 AM
by Warthawg1
8,587 Lostaways! :)
2017-2018 NFL Pro Football Pick'ems ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Brian
Today 12:19 AM
by Hodgepodge
44 Sports Discussion
What are you reading? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
feigenbaum
Today 12:02 AM
by vonnegut
4,258 Literature General Discussion
Berlin Station - EPIX Sunday ( 1 2 3)
Mr. Bill
Yesterday 11:59 PM
by Hodgepodge
29 Featured TV General
Net Neutrality under attack - AGAIN
azteclady
Yesterday 10:21 PM
by azteclady
8 Community News
The Halcyon - Ovation Monday
Hodgepodge
Yesterday 10:14 PM
by Hodgepodge
5 Featured TV General
Hell's Kitchen
Zaphod of Whiskers
Yesterday 10:10 PM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
0 Featured TV General
The Good Doctor - ABC Monday ( 1 2)
Hodgepodge
Yesterday 10:07 PM
by Hodgepodge
17 Featured TV General
The Brave - NBC Monday
Hodgepodge
Yesterday 09:57 PM
by Hodgepodge
9 Featured TV General
Valor - CW Monday
Hodgepodge
Yesterday 09:46 PM
by Hodgepodge
7 Featured TV General
Lucifer - FOX Monday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
sandi
Yesterday 09:42 PM
by Hodgepodge
220 Featured TV General
» Online Users: 246
3 members and 243 guests
FrodoFraggins, IwannaBlost, Zaphod of Whiskers
Most users ever online was 26,316, 05-12-14 at 10:02 AM.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.0

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Graphic Design by Crazy Creative
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.