Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Good Fight - CBS/All Access Sunday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-18-17, 10:40 PM   #1
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

The Good Fight - CBS/All Access Sunday

Series Premiere

S01E01 - "Inaugration"
Sunday - February 19, 2017
CBS/All Access - 8/7c

Description:
More:
"The Good Wife" spin-off begins with a large financial scam destroying the reputation of a young lawyer and wiping out her mentor Diane Lockhart's savings. The two then join Lucca Quinn at one of Chicago's pre-eminent law firms. Source

Cast
  • Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
  • Cush Jumbo as Lucca Quinn
  • Rose Leslie as Maia Rindell
  • Delroy Lindo as Adrian Boseman
  • Sarah Steele as Marissa Gold
  • Justin Bartha as Colin Morrello
  • Erica Tazel as [I]Barbara Kolstad

Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-17, 02:07 PM   #2
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
Re: The Good Fight - CBS/All Access Sunday

I'm IN! This is getting GREAT reviews. :

So for those who are not aware, CBS is offering exclusive content such as The Good Fight and Star Trek Discovery for a monthly fee of 5.99 w/commercials or 9.99 sans commercials. 8,500 On Demand titles. Every full season of Survivor and Big Brother at my fingertips!

I've watched every clip previewing the Good Fight. I'm stoked!!

But I'm still not sure- will they be releasing the whole season at once, or an episode per week?
Old 02-21-17, 11:04 PM   #3
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Those who were fans of, The Good Wife, will love this. I was one of those fans, so I was in my element.

Christine Baranski, Diane Lockhart, reprises her role from the above series. She's played it for so long, it's second nature. She's brilliant!

Rose Leslie, plays Mia Rindell, a new lawyer who just passed the bar. She's also the daughter of the guy who lost all of Diane's money along with thousands more in a ponzi-scheme.

Another member of, The Good Wife cast is Cush Jumbo. She played/plays Lucca Quinn. Man-o-man, she so stunning I couldn't take my eyes off her while she was on screen.

We've also got Delroy Lindo, who plays a lawyer and Diane's boss in the series. I see a lot of conflict as the series progresses.

I really enjoyed the premiere, but I'm a The Good Wife fan from way back.
Old 02-22-17, 02:24 AM   #4
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

Cush Jumbo was on the British detective show Vera. She played DC Bethany Whelan. She was great. Of course I'm a fan of anything Vera.

And here she is talking about Josephine Baker. Cush Jumbo wrote and acted in the play Josephine and I.

And then there's this.

boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 06:24 PM   #5
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

You know BA, I'd read she was British, but I'd never heard her speak. Now she's even sexier. If that's possible!

Did you watch this premiere?
Old 02-26-17, 08:48 PM   #6
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E02 - "First Week"
Sunday - February 19, 2017
8/7c - CBS/All Access

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Diane and Maia start work and take on a case with Luca taking on first a sportswear company but then others possibly in a class action regarding a company that might be forcing its employee to confess to stealing its stock but not firing or reporting to the Police but taking money from their wages its look at how this company is teaching its worker to get the confession. The story also continues about Maia father and also Eli's daughter joins the cast with some other Good Wife regulars. Source
Old 02-26-17, 08:49 PM   #7
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Man, this was a great episode.

Oh, and lets add Lucca Quinn (Cush jumbo) to the list of woman if they come up missing, I've probably got them. Man, I'm going to need a bib. I just love her hair cut, which is strange because her hair cut came up in this episode.

And, Marissa Gold, Eli Gold's daughter from, The Good Wife has joined the cast as the same character. She's Diane's assistant, which may bring about a problem.

The firm Diane joined is predominately African-American. She was brought in as a partner, but the named partners are "black". When the Delroy Lindo character, Adrian Boseman, told Diane to get an assistant, another named partner put together a list of "possibles". The list was predominately "black". And, when Diane hired Marissa Gold, "white", this named partner thinks Diane is trying to turn the offices "white". So, we've got that dynamic coursing thru the series.

Maia Rindell, the daughter of the couple who apparently lost Diane's and many more clients money thinks her mother is lying about cancer. She also thinks there's a good chance she's lying about the ponzi-scheme.

Again, this is an excellent series. Full of the back-biting from the previous series. It also has several characters from the aforementioned series.

I'm looking forward to the complete season.

One more thing...Where are all of the members who loved, The Good Wife? Gov, the Dawg and Ness? You guys are missing the beginning.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 02-27-17 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-26-17, 08:55 PM   #8
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E03 - "The Schtup List"
Sunday - February 26, 2017
8/7c - CBS/All Access

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Adrian and Barbara face a cruel realization about a high profile client. While second chair to Diane on a case, Lucca is in for more than she bargained for thanks to the state's attorney's office's golden boy, Colin Morello. Maia visits her father in prison. Source
Old 02-28-17, 07:37 PM   #9
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm caught up!

This episodes opens as the last one closed. Maia confronting her mother and uncle as it seems they've been doing things other than talking about the family reunion. "You're trying to talk some sense into him? What kind of sense requires him to take his shirt off?"

This is beginning to look like Maia's mother, Lenore, and uncle, Jax, are putting the blame on her father, Henry. She's needs to talk to her father.

She contacts her lawyer who finally acquiesce, but demands to be right there with her. Great scene at the prison. Maia and her lawyer join Henry and his lawyer. They make nice talk, until Maia, using code, explains to Henry, her mother, his wife is sleeping with his brother.

At the firm, there's a partners meeting where Barbara reminds Diane, and the rest of the partners, she hasn't paid her capital contribution. There's also a retainer that hasn't come in as well.

Great story! The client holding back its retainer is looking at going with another "black" firm. We find out, this is because this other firm has an in with the current Administration. In other words, its a "conservative" firm that voted for Trump. The only way they're going to retain this $12,000,000 retainer is to find an employee who voted for Trump.

The procedural portion of the episode deals with a doctor who may, or may not be helping operate on a terrorist in Syria.

The Government has assigned Assistant State's Attorney (ASA), Colin Morello to the case. Because this doctor is already a client of Diane's, she takes the case, but Barbara assigns Lucca as second-chair. This Colin Morello is also apparently Lucca's love interest. So, I already hate him!

After getting the info from her father, Maia goes to confront her uncle. But, it's all a plan to get some info from Jax's computer.

Prior to the meeting, Maia gets Marissa to call her uncle to she can have time to go thru her uncle's computer. Doing so, she no longer wants to talk to him.
Old 03-01-17, 05:29 AM   #10
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
After getting the info from her father, Maia goes to confront her uncle. But, it's all a plan to get some info from Jax's computer.
and she said a curse word to him!! For some reason I didn't expect that! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Prior to the meeting, Maia gets Marissa to call her uncle to she can have time to go thru her uncle's computer. Doing so, she no longer wants to talk to him.
I love how Marissa just GETS IT DONE. You name it. She'll handle it. She's a Gold alright! sigh. I miss her Dad, Eli! Please, CBSAllAccess, bring Alan Cumming back for an episode, and let him curse up a storm! lol.

Great update Hodge!! We also know that Maia passed the information back along to her incarcerated Dad, who said the information could take down Uncle Jax- but what about Mother Lenore?

Also Julius, the firm's lone Trump voter/supporter, was taunted/recruited by the losing firm. He told him that they would cast him aside eventually, and before they did, to call him. It's a minor subplot but quite interesting how current the show is with today's politics. It's a part of what draws me to the show.

I like the release 1 episode per week format. It should make it a little easier to discuss for us!