Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Taken - NBC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-27-17, 10:32 AM   #1
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Taken - NBC Monday

Taken
SERIES PREMIERE

S01E01, "Pilot"
Monday - February 27, 2017
10/9c - NBC

Spoiler: Series Trailer and Episode Description

"In the series premiere, young CIA operative Bryan Mills acuqires a unique set of skills."Source

nsguy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-17, 10:49 AM   #2
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Re: Taken - NBC Monday

I have mixed feelings about this show. The Liam Neeson movies were enjoyable, but I'm not sure how well the movies will translate into a tv series. The tv series btw takes place before the movies.

This show is replacing Timeless on NBC's schedule and I'd heard that whether or not Timeless is renewed will depend on how well Taken does in the ratings. Since I enjoyed Timeless and want it to come back, part of me is hoping that Taken fails. To be fair I've also heard that Timeless' fate rests with how well they sell a potential second season to the network so it might not have anything to do with Taken.

Two more thoughts:

1.The lead in Taken, Clive Stanton, plays Rollo on Vikings so that's a plus in my books.

2.There is a glaring spelling mistake in the episode description which I cut and paste from TV Guide website in the post above - maybe that shouldn't be a big deal but it bugs me and in my mind does not reflect well on the show (I left the spelling mistake in the above post since I just cut and paste directly from the site).
Old 03-06-17, 11:07 AM   #3
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Taken
S01E02, "Ready"
Monday - March 6, 2017
10/9c - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Promo Description

"Bryan enters the field for the first time, but the mission goes wrong and results in a tragic death. Later: the team discover that government officials have been skimming off of refugee funds, which also leads Christina to reconnect with a long lost love, while Asha ends up at Bryan's doorstep."Source

Old 03-06-17, 11:09 AM   #4
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

I thought the pilot was ok. Nothing particularly original or exciting about it. Anyone else watch?

On the plus side I didn't notice any spelling mistakes in the second episode description from tv guide
Old 03-06-17, 07:29 PM   #5
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
I thought the pilot was ok. Nothing particularly original or exciting about it. Anyone else watch...
Got a chance to watch the premiere, and I really enjoyed it.

I guess I was looking for the movie plot, but this was nothing like the movies. And, I assume, as the series continues we'll see more of the movie plot. But, until then, again, I really enjoyed the premiere.
Old 03-07-17, 10:55 AM   #6
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Got a chance to watch the premiere, and I really enjoyed it.

I guess I was looking for the movie plot, but this was nothing like the movies. And, I assume, as the series continues we'll see more of the movie plot. But, until then, again, I really enjoyed the premiere.
Hey Hodge, glad you're watching too.

The TV series is supposed to take place before the movies. I think the events on the tv series are supposed to be where the character acquqires a particular set of skills which he uses in the movies to beat the crap out of all the bad guys.

I thought the lead actor made a good action hero (he's also very good in Vikings) and the action sequences were decent, but didn't find anything particularly original about the Pilot.

I'm definitely in for a few more episodes to see where they take this although part of me wants to see this show fail just in case that has an impact on the fate of Timeless.
Old 03-07-17, 06:30 PM   #7
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Hey Hodge, glad you're watching too...

Quote:
...The TV series is supposed to take place before the movies. I think the events on the tv series are supposed to be where the character acquqires a particular set of skills which he uses in the movies to beat the crap out of all the bad guys...
Makes perfect sense, Nsguy. I loved it when the Liam Neesom character used this line in the movie.

Because of the above, I'm going to assume the guys he's working with are the guys from the original movie. Nice tie-in!

Quote:
...I thought the lead actor made a good action hero (he's also very good in Vikings) and the action sequences were decent, but didn't find anything particularly original about the Pilot...
Yeah, you're definitely right.

Although, I didn't see the shooting of his sister as the major plot point, until they told us. Then, watching the head of the drug cartel pull the trigger really took me by surprise.

Quote:
...I'm definitely in for a few more episodes to see where they take this...
I watched last nights episode and was pulled in even more.

Curious whether his sister's best friend is a plant? I guess not, I assume the sister knew Asha a long time before this whole incident took place.
Old 03-13-17, 12:39 PM   #8
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Taken
S01E03, "Off Side"
Monday - March 13, 2017
10/9c - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Promo and Description

"A suspected terrorist is abducted and the team find a deeper plot within their own government. Elsewhere: Christina gets troubling news and Asha expresses concern about Bryan's fixation with Mejia."Source

Old 03-18-17, 08:36 PM   #9
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Boy, I liked this episode as well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for series with military govt., "black ops" Teams.

Initially I thought the guy was a real terrorist, especially when he tells his son he may not be around always. Then, to find out it was a govt. plot to involve America in another conflict in the Middle East.

A lot of intensity when Bryan was trying to find a safe place to stow the guy so the bomb wouldn't go off. Then, when Christina brought in the "Hannibal Lecter" type guy to visit the guy they captured.

Then, the back and forth between turning the captured former FBI agent over or keep him if the bomb couldn't be activated. That was a great part of the episode.

But, not better than finding out who's behind the whole thing. Christina gave Bryan the kill order and he took both of the people out.

Oh, and there's no doubt in my mind, Aisha is a plant. She's going to keep an eye on Bryan for whomever she's working for.

Again, another nice episode.
Old 03-20-17, 11:15 AM   #10
nsguy
Squishes the Frog

Glad you're still liking it Hodge. I think it's a solid entertaining action show, but nothing spectacular. I'm on the fence about Aisha. Either she's a plant or she'll end up getting "Taken", could go either way.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »