Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > 13 Reasons Why - Netflix

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 04-21-17, 01:34 AM   #41
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: 13 Reasons Why - Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
...I think he had major night sweats due to the nightmare. But maybe he wet the bed as well. I don't know. But his mother needs to be slapped for even attempting to "help him." She's a control freak and deserves any moment of disappointment. Seriously I can't stand her...
I think you're right about the "night sweats". I remember his t-shirt was soaked as well.

Like Clay, I was an only child, so I can relate to his mother. He's her baby! I wouldn't be surprised she treated him like this prior to Hannah's death.

It used to drive my father the way my mother "mothered" me growing up. I never had chores until he put his foot down.

Quote:
...But with the two dads there was such rah rah discussion of procreation that Courtney probably felt squelched. Plus I wonder about the cross-ethnic adoption. At least the Asian kid in Modern Family on occasion throws shade at her dads. When they're being doofs...
Damn BA, I forgot her dads were planning her wedding to the guy she mentioned.

Quote:
...If one of them was, she'd would tell you. They're all adult, right? And you'd love them all the same...
Yeah, the youngest just graduated from college. And yeah, my love wouldn't change an iota.

But, watching this series, it feels like I only acknowledged the "good times" in their lives. You'd come home from work and one or all of them are crying or pissed about something. Yeah, I'd ask what was the problem, but more times than I'd like to admit, I'd ask their mother, "what's going on with your daughters?". What a cop out!

Quote:
...Part of the process of self-identity. To say no to those who are harmful to you. I think that Hannah was perhaps trying to find that friend who would relate to her in that way. The Monet trio didn't pan out because the gravitational pull of school was too strong. But, as I said, in some ways Hannah is her own worst enemy. Be friends with Laura! The rest of the school bunch are bitches!
BA, I'm trying to remember the story Hannah told Alex and Jessica about her home life?

I remember Jessica said she was a military brat, which caused her to always be the "new kid" in town. I can only assume why Alex resents his life, with his father being a police officer and all.

But, to your point. It's apparently very hard to look passed those that don't like you. Or, worse yet, those that bully you.

We see it on the news just about every evening...Kid brings and knife or gun to school to protect him/herself from someone. Ends up killing the "bully" and taking their own life.
Old 04-21-17, 01:40 AM   #42
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E06 - "Tape 3, Side B"
Friday - March 31, 2017
Netflix

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Hannah's date on Valentine's Day doesn't go as planned. Alex gets in a big fight at school and has to face the honour board. Source
Hodgepodge is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-17, 01:44 AM   #43
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

After watching this episode, I'm pretty sure I was a "bully" in high school.

Marcus, what a prick!

I'll be back!

ETA: Back!

Alex is out of control. He must blame himself deeply for Hannah's death. The fight was nothing more than him lashing out more and more each day.

Surprised who the members of the Council were. I'm sure Clay didn't run, so he must've been appointed. He's not a "joiner".

Blaming the other guy was nothing more than trying to keep a lid on Alex. Everyone knows he's about to burst with confessions and accusations.

I personally didn't think Sheri was trying to get Clay to forget about what she did to Hannah. Obviously, he hadn't gotten that far. He's apparently in the remedial reading class.

Can't believe Marcus tried to score with Hannah because of her so-called "reputation". Okay, I did the same thing in high school. Feel like I need a shower now.

BBL!

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 04-21-17 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-21-17, 03:41 AM   #44
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

If I recall correctly, I don't like this episode very much.
Old 04-22-17, 12:16 PM   #45
eemmoo
Arrives By Sub

13 Reasons Why

Hello everybody, does anyone watch the Netflix serie 13 Reasons Why? I am watching it right now and I am curious what do you think about it.
eemmoo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-17, 05:44 PM   #46
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Welcome, eemmoo! We have quite a few people watching-- merged your thread into the thread where we have some discussion going on.

Because everyone watches at their own pace and some don't want to be spoiled for future episodes, we're doing this:

Quote:
Because we're dealing with a series where the first season will be dumped tomorrow (03/31/17), you'll have to post all of your comments with spoiler tags. But, I've got an idea.

After watching the first episode, I'm sure some of you are going to want to marathon the rest of the season. And, this is where the tags will come into play.

I'll post an episode separator for the first episode, will use it accordingly. Three days later, I'll post a separator for episode-two. Three days after that, the next episode, and so-on-and-so-forth, until we're finished.

How does that sound?
To do a spoiler tag, just type

[spoiler*=Spoilers for Episode 2]Your post goes here.[/spoiler*]

Except remove the asterisks * so that the code will work. (And put in whatever number of the episode you're on.)

Enjoy!

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-17, 04:08 AM   #47
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Episode 6.

Yep. I don't like this episode much.

The only good points:

The initial fight between Alex and Montgomery (really? Montgomery?).

The short short cameo of Laura and her date/girlfriend. More strong people moments please.

The conversations between Sheri and Clay. Which lead to all sorts of revelations. I like Sheri. Even though she admits she's on the tapes.

The conversation between Tony and Brad. This goes on for awhile.

And I guess Hannah's parents.

But the rest of the episode was dreary because Marcus is so tedious and boring that any moment of him on the screen is nauseating. The attempt to feel Hannah up was too comical to take seriously, even though it was clearly a stunt to impress his friends. Just as bad though was this whole Valentine's survey nonsense which just seemed a ridiculous way to spend energy at an affluent school. Get a life everyone.

Oh I also liked that Clay basically informs his mother that there are really no good kids. By extension, that must mean there are no good parents? I don't know. I think for one thing this is a deeply success oriented community and school. And part of that drive socially is to create outsiders. Hey. Isn't that just a reflection of the world at large? You don't belong, you're the enemy.

Last edited by boonian androphile; 04-23-17 at 04:10 AM.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-17, 11:50 PM   #48
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Just as bad though was this whole Valentine's survey nonsense which just seemed a ridiculous way to spend energy at an affluent school. Get a life everyone...
Come on BA! Have you forgotten all of the ridiculous things that went on in high school?

In my high school, both parochial and public, If a student came up with an idea that didn't involved violence or sexual situations, they were pretty much given the go-ahead. Anything to keep the students occupied.

There was always something like the "Valentine's Day" stunt going on. I remember something like the 'Lil Abner dance. This was where the girls invited a guy to a dance at the end of the week.

Quote:
...Oh I also liked that Clay basically informs his mother that there are really no good kids. By extension, that must mean there are no good parents? I don't know. I think for one thing this is a deeply success oriented community and school. And part of that drive socially is to create outsiders. Hey. Isn't that just a reflection of the world at large? You don't belong, you're the enemy.
The highlighted portion is so sad, but true BA.

If you don't get into the right college, you're an outsider. If you don't look like "me", you're an outsider. If your sexual orientation isn't like "mine", you're an outsider.

In those instances you're creating enemies, and in some cases, you could be making a person who's willing to seek revenge for being wronged. We've seen that on many occasions.
Old 04-24-17, 11:53 PM   #49
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E07 - "Tape 4, Side A"
Friday - March 31, 2017
Netflix

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Another student sabotages Hannah during a class project. Clay's nightmares about Hannah spill over into the daytime. Source
Old 04-26-17, 01:54 AM   #50
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Based on memory another episode I didn't care for much.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »