Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Exorcist - FOX Friday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 10-07-16, 03:27 PM   #11
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: The Exorcist - FOX Friday

The Exorcist
S01E03, "Chapter Three: Let 'Em In"
Friday - October 7, 2016
9/8c - FOX

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"Kat copes with Julia's death, but struggles to accept the realization of it. Also: Marcus and Tomas get shocking news after taking footage from the Rance home to papal emissaries." Source
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-16, 10:46 AM   #12
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Father Marcus is excommunicated! What a big mistake by the church! And I'm wondering if the parties responsible aren't aligned with the evil side? Seems too convenient for the church's leading exorcist to be excommunicated when something big involving the pope is about to happen. And what was that all about at the end when, Father Bennett told Father Marcus he had supporters and handed him some information with names and addresses?

I think it's obvious that Father Marcus is meant to track those down but Father Bennett seemed to be 100% against Father Marcus. So, I don't understand that.

And Casey's possession is now becoming evident. What did she do with that curling iron?

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 10-14-16, 11:29 AM   #13
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The Exorcist
S01E04, "Chapter Four: The Moveable Feast"
Friday - October 14, 2016
9/8c - FOX

"Angela becomes restless as her daughter's condition worsens while the demon targets innocent people. Also: Father Tomas gets a visitor from his past; Marcus receives guidance from an unlikely source; and an unsanctioned exorcism is debated." Source
Old 10-15-16, 06:47 PM   #14
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Father Marcus -- well just Marcus now
It seems that Father Bennett is one of the good guys and is trying to help Marcus, who starts visiting those on his list. First he tries to meet with an abbess but meets with bad timing as she took a vow of silence and it wasn't time for her respite (or hour break). He did get to see the abbess perform a portion of an exorcism though. Unlike Marcus, the abbess sought to embrace the demon and let it know that it was forgiven and would be granted peace. (Father Marcus always followed the church ritual which was aggressive and antagonistic compelling the demon to come forward so it could be cast out and back to hell.)

Next Marcus visited with a couple of enthusiastic occultists. In fact, they have a tour bus business, "The Moveable Feast", and it's during the ride that Father Marcus begins to understand how they can help him -- and they do. They are firm believers and know something catastrophic is about to happen in Chicago. They have a file with documents showing the build-up of demon type activity in the area.

Marcus then winds up going back to the abbess, when she was in respite and had a revealing conversation which, I believe helped restore his faith (at least to some extent). Marcus had confessed that the boy was the only one he had lost while the abbess was surprised at that since that was highly unusual. Now knowing that others do lose some, Marcus is more at ease. Later, Marcus participated in the continuing exorcism from before and was successful using the abbess' approach to exorcise the demon.

Father Tomas
Father Tomas is conflicted about whether or not to proceed with the exorcism against his higher up's (the bishop) orders. He seeks out the woman that donated 100,000 to his church.

Something I thought strange -- she prodded him on cashing that check and he promised to do it first thing in the morning. (And did it fact endorse it and turn it over to his assistant for deposit the next day.) -- I'll come back to this.

The rich lady tells him to follow what he thinks is the right thing or something like that. Now Father Tomas had brought his young nephew with him, who was in the kitchen getting a snack. He wandered around the apartment and wound up in the rich lady's husband's bedroom where the man turns to him, the breathing mouthpiece falls from his mouth and reveals a strange looking mouth -- an oversized tongue? something weird - which frightened the boy.

So, it looks like the rich lady is not the devout church person but rather someone consorting with demons -- maybe. So, now I wonder if cashing that check is going to come back and bite Father Tomas -- I think it will.

Father Tomas' past love, Jessica shows up at this apartment -- her husband's cheating on her. She mentions getting a hotel for the night, but Father Tomas says she can stay there -- she gets the bed, he sleeps on the couch. Jessica invites Father Tomas into the bed with her but Father Tomas refuses and sleeps on the couch. Again -- a temptation.

Marcus shows up at Father Tomas' apartment, ready to take on the exorcism with Father Tomas.

And the Rances? Possessed Casey has been in the psychiatric wing of the local hospital following her attack on the boy on the train. She's been fighting the demon but when he starts choking her nurse, Casey gives in. As the demon is about to take her hand sealing the deal, her mother steps in and hugs her and then gets her out as the hospital did not follow protocol. (Mom didn't want her there in the first place.)

The episode ends with Father Tomas and Marcus preparing the Rance's attic for the exorcism.

Old 10-21-16, 04:53 PM   #15
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The Exorcist
S01E05, "Chapter Five: Through My Most Grievous Fault"
Friday - October 21, 2016
9/8c - FOX

"The exorcism begins, but the Demon counter attacks with secrets of its own. Elsewhere: the demon's manipulations cause conflict within the Rance family." Source
Old 10-23-16, 01:59 AM   #16
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie

behind but watching!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-16, 02:59 AM   #17
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

caught up and WTF!! That was a GREAT twist
Old 10-23-16, 09:50 PM   #18
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
caught up and WTF!! That was a GREAT twist
Hey Vickie!

I know! I did not see that coming! So Mama Rance is Regan MacNeil, the possessed young girl so many years ago. (As portrayed in the original movie.)

Why her? Why does the demon want her? Why possess her daughter if it wanted her -- why not just possess her again?

I wanted to slap Kat, the oldest daughter. I knew she was going to freak and call the police. I loved when Casey was placed in the ambulance, she looked at her sister and gave her an evil smile. The Rance's will probably get arrested for child abuse now.

Father Tomas gave in to temptation and wound up in bed with Jessica. He's not going to be much use performing an exorcism -- provided Casey is found alive. I have to give it to that girl -- she's fighting that demon and holding on with everything she's got. I hope Father Marcus can help her.

It may come down to the Mom, Angela (Regan) having to make a deal with the devil to get her daughter back.

Question: During this last episode, possessed Casey whispered something in her father's ear. Since then, Henry has been acting strangely. Do you think it was the knowledge that his wife has been lying to him all this time or something more sinister?

Old 10-23-16, 11:22 PM   #19
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

going off what I have learned as a real life ghost hunter....

demons know your weakness and attack that. In this case Angela's is her daughter. She has protected herself enough. And yes I am sure the daughter told the dad that mom is lying.
Old 10-23-16, 11:33 PM   #20
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
going off what I have learned as a real life ghost hunter....
What?! What?!!

Tell me more, please.

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »