Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Good Behavior - TNT Tuesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-31-17, 10:34 PM   #21
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Good Behavior - TNT Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
This show is terrific, but I haven't posted here for a while, just too busy, so was appalled to see discussion of it is in the way, way back!
Pi-o-my, I try and tell them, but sometimes they don't listen.

I haven't seen the last couple of episodes myself, so I'm deleting everything else in your post without reading. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

I'm just hoping we'll have another season. It was a terrific first.
Old 02-03-17, 08:38 PM   #22
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Yes, there will be a second season. Hooray! Btw, there seems to be some confusion on Comcast's On Demand about which episodes are available and which aren't. The confusion is amplified by the fact that there are two versions of each episode, a standard one (the one that I assume is broadcast on TNT) and an "explicit" one, which is what we've been watching.

And my husband, a linguist, so he knows all kinds of strange tidbits, suggests that I point out that "strawberry" is a non-explicit way to say, someone who trades sex for drugs. Wonder if the waitress who suggested that flavor knows. (Clearly, Sean did when he referred to Letty that way.)
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-17, 08:11 PM   #23
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Sorry for the double post here but I've now seen the season finale, and it was amazing. Closed out the chapter but turned the page. Truly amazing, that last scene in the car, just the right tone for what could have been heavy handed.

It wasn't til I thought about it later that I realized how perfectly TPTB moved all the pieces, without being noticeable, into position for things to fit into place. And the switch from light to dark is so well controlled in this series. Like the search for "Mr. Diaz" was funny but if it had all been funnier (like, say the hardware store scene), we'd still be chuckling when the next, serious scene began in Javier's hotel room, which then wouldn't have been so effective.

Speaking of the hardware store, I couldn't help wondering if that big plastic tub Javier was buying was a reference to an early chemistry lesson for Jesse in Breaking Bad or if everyone with experience in disposing of bodies knows to use plastic, not bathtubs.

Better Call Saul may be the next Breaking Bad officially but Good Behavior belongs in that august company. Hopefully more people will catch up with it during the second season and not wait to binge it just in time for Season 5, ahem...

Last edited by Pi-o-my; 02-06-17 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-13-17, 09:28 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Season 2 Premiere

S02E01 - "The Heart Attack is the Best Way"
Sunday - October 15, 2017
TNT - 10/9c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

The Season 2 premiere finds Jacob in their custody; and Letty and Javier settling in a quaint beach town. Only, Letty is still stealing and Javier is still killing. When a hit goes wrong for Javier, and he discovers someone is trying to kill him, Letty is forced to face the reality of being in a relationship with a hitman while trying to lead a "normal" life. Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-17, 09:17 PM   #25
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

I canít believe Hodge and I are the only ones watching this. Mr. Robot, ok, thatís not for everyone, but Good Behavior --!

The new season is living up to the first one. You feel so invested in the Letty/Javier relationship, through its swings between trust and betrayal. The writing on this show is terrific, handling humor and tension so well together. I was almost in tears when Javier stood outside his sister's door and told her she
Spoiler: whoops that almost got through!
could let his nieces know about Silk's death without admitting Javier had been there.

And Iíd forgotten how much I missed Estelle and her (much younger) lawnmower man.

Last edited by Pi-o-my; 10-19-17 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-20-17, 06:28 PM   #26
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I canít believe Hodge and I are the only ones watching this...
Pi-o-my, you can lead them to water, but you can't make them drink.

Quote:
...The new season is living up to the first one. You feel so invested in the Letty/Javier relationship, through its swings between trust and betrayal...
If you think about it, they've never let anyone see the other side of them.

Lettie was always on the con, she couldn't let anyone in, because they might betray her. Same thing with Javier. 'BTW--I'm a hit-man!' Probably wouldn't go over nice on an initial date.

And, you can tell they truly love one another. Or, should I say "Lust" one another. This too may come from the idea the other person knows everything about me.

I was cracking up when Lettie found the body in the car. She told the guy carrying out the liquor, "My husband went hunting and fishing and left some stuff in the car!" Yeah, like a dead body.

Then she confronts him back at the house, and he uncovers her stolen stuff in the locker. "Well, I'm trying!"

Quote:
...The writing on this show is terrific, handling humor and tension so well together. I was almost in tears when Javier stood outside his sister's door and told her she
Spoiler: whoops that almost got through!
could let his nieces know about Silk's death without admitting Javier had been there.
I've watched a couple of "After-shows", OnDemand, where we met a couple writers and Exec. Producer. Very interesting.

Spoiler: spoiler
Pi-o-my, do you think Silk was killed by the guy who met Javier at that dock to kill him?

I tell you what, I immediately thought Javier's father did it. He hates Javier so much, I wouldn't put it past him. Plus, Silk was a "Gringo", and I'm sure there wasn't any love lost between him and his son-in-law.

Quote:
...And Iíd forgotten how much I missed Estelle and her (much younger) lawnmower man.
She had me dying about inviting the FBI agent in for a sandwich.
Old 10-21-17, 07:13 PM   #27
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S02E02 - "I Want You to Leave a Person Alive for Once"
Sunday - October 22, 2017
TNT - 10/9c

Javier heads out on his annual solo camping trip to commemorate the death of his baby brother. But when Letty discovers this is a lie and Javier accepted an assignment in order to provide for Letty and Jacob, she sets out to stop him. In other events, Ava's ex-boyfriend from Argentina shows up amid unusual circumstances. Source
Old 10-29-17, 09:59 PM   #28
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Letty hasn't realized, Javier is going to complete his mission no matter what.
What I found interesting was the reason why.

Letty had promised Jacob he was going to this school. It didn't matter to her that it cost, $20,000.00 a semester. She supposedly has a way to get the money, but Javier doesn't believe her, or he doesn't want her to get caught doing anything illegal that will send her back to prison and Jacob back to his grandma.

Javier made that guy walk off that cliff, and Jacob's girlfriend saw the whole thing. This won't end well. Will Javier have to kill Jacob's girlfriend?
Old 10-29-17, 10:05 PM   #29
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S02E03 - "Because I'm Mrs. Claus"
Sunday - October 29, 2017
TNT - 10/9c

When Letty and Javier go on Christmas vacation with Estelle and Rob at a secluded luxury hotel in the mountains, the family finally bonds in a way they never have before. Source
Old 11-04-17, 11:30 PM   #30
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Placeholder.