Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > The Official Baseball Thread

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-17, 02:48 AM   #4701
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage
 
vincentstuntdbl#23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawkins, Indiana
Posts: 31,908
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

The Tribe wins their 22nd straight in dramatic fashion with a walk off hit in the 10th!
Fueled by Lindor's RBI double to tie the game on the would be final strike of the game!
__________________
vincentstuntdbl#23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 03:08 AM   #4702
Maturin
Loyaulté me lie
Hears the Whispers
 
Maturin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,610
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Gratters to the Tribe. Very cool that you got to see some of their run in person, Vinnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
... The real threat to the Dodgers in the N.L is D.C; and might not be a big threat unless Bryce gets back in time to be playoff ready.

... If Harper comes back healthy in time, the Nats should be going, if not, the Dodgers. But of course, damned near anything can happen in this crazy time, so only time will tell.

... The Yankees have enough quality starters, a fine bullpen, and mostly pretty solid defense. If they can get back to producing offense consistently, i think they stand a chance in a best-of-7 against any other team in the majors with the possible exception of a fully-healthy DC club.
This weekend's Nats-Dodgers series should be fun to watch, players *and* managers.

Imo, Harper won't be back (altho they'll have to hire burly henchmen to hold him back). The Nats have a shot at winning without Harper, but it's going to take luck, perfect managing, and lots of rituals in my back yard involving Theodore Roosevelt and the theme music to "Game of Thrones."
__________________


--> Jopt dis pit Tudel. <--
Maturin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 12:29 PM   #4703
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage
 
vincentstuntdbl#23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawkins, Indiana
Posts: 31,908
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

__________________
vincentstuntdbl#23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 05:56 PM   #4704
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,167
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
Gratters to the Tribe. Very cool that you got to see some of their run in person, Vinnie!
Same here to BA and the rest of the Cleveland fans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
...This weekend's Nats-Dodgers series should be fun to watch, players *and* managers.

Imo, Harper won't be back (altho they'll have to hire burly henchmen to hold him back). The Nats have a shot at winning without Harper, but it's going to take luck, perfect managing, and lots of rituals in my back yard involving Theodore Roosevelt and the theme music to "Game of Thrones."
I'm thinking about sacrificing a virgin or at least a chicken. Or better yet...a virgin chicken!
__________________
Hodgepodge is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 10:18 PM   #4705
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers
 
boonian androphile's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: the techno desert of the shores of lake michigan
Posts: 10,268
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Lindor is becoming a baseball god! He saved that competitive game for the tribe. I listened to the end of the game on the radio because I'm still in a technological nomans land. Going for 23 tonight. I hope they sweep the home stand. I don't think the Angels and the mariners are going to oblige in their west coast digs.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-17, 09:13 PM   #4706
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage
 
vincentstuntdbl#23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawkins, Indiana
Posts: 31,908
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
Lindor is becoming a baseball god!

The Tribe just rolls on....

Cleveland still making history.
Now have won 14 in a row on the road (also a club record).
Have won 51 road games (1 shy of club record).
Won 27 of the last 28 games! Something last accomplished over 140 years ago!
Let's just hope that there'll be a World Series trophy at the end of this historic season!
__________________
vincentstuntdbl#23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-17, 02:06 AM   #4707
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 21,432
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

I wonder when the last time was that two pro teams in one sport, with the longest championship droughts in that sport, won championships back-to-back.

I can't think of one off the top of my head.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-17, 11:08 PM   #4708
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 21,432
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

The playoffs start tonight, with the Yankees hosting the Twins for the right to play Cleveland in the ALDS. I feel reasonably confident in spite of the fact that the Twins have been so hot in the second half, but maybe my confidence is more about the direction of the franchise as a whole more than about tonight specifically.

By the way, the Yankees offense was great over the last 5-6 weeks. I really think they have everything they need to stand a chance against any other team in the bigs in a best-of-7 format.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-17, 11:40 PM   #4709
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,167
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
The playoffs start tonight, with the Yankees hosting the Twins for the right to play Cleveland in the ALDS. I feel reasonably confident in spite of the fact that the Twins have been so hot in the second half, but maybe my confidence is more about the direction of the franchise as a whole more than about tonight specifically.

By the way, the Yankees offense was great over the last 5-6 weeks. I really think they have everything they need to stand a chance against any other team in the bigs in a best-of-7 format.
Yeah, they've gotten back to their winning ways, especially with Aaron Judge coming out of his slump.

Who's suppose to be on the mound for the "Pin-stripes" tonight?

I'm more worried about the NLDS. With the Dodgers luck, they'll loose 4-straight to that winner.
__________________
Hodgepodge is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-17, 09:54 PM   #4710
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage
 
vincentstuntdbl#23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawkins, Indiana
Posts: 31,908
Re: The Official Baseball Thread

Edwin Encarnacion injured in 1st inning of game 2!
__________________
vincentstuntdbl#23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »


Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Latest Posts: All Discussion Forums
Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Forum
Berlin Station - EPIX Sunday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Mr. Bill
Today 06:32 PM
by Hodgepodge
31 Featured TV General
The Orville - Fox Thursday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
nsguy
Today 06:30 PM
by Hodgepodge
114 Featured TV General
What's New/super legit maths forum ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
catnap
Today 06:30 PM
by gertie
8,600 Lostaways! :)
Happy Birthday, brdmom! ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Rose
Today 05:09 PM
by Tawaret
43 Birthdays
American Horror Story: Cult - FX Tuesday ( 1 2 3)
Hodgepodge
Today 03:28 PM
by Mr. Bill
24 Featured TV General
Supernatural - CW Thursday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Leia Amos
Today 02:16 AM
by vonnegut
571 Featured TV General
Star Trek: Discovery - CBS/All Access... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Hodgepodge
Today 01:00 AM
by FrodoFraggins
69 Featured TV General
2017-2018 NFL Pro Football Pick'ems ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Brian
Today 12:19 AM
by Hodgepodge
44 Sports Discussion
What are you reading? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
feigenbaum
Today 12:02 AM
by vonnegut
4,258 Literature General Discussion
Net Neutrality under attack - AGAIN
azteclady
Yesterday 10:21 PM
by azteclady
8 Community News
The Halcyon - Ovation Monday
Hodgepodge
Yesterday 10:14 PM
by Hodgepodge
5 Featured TV General
Hell's Kitchen
Zaphod of Whiskers
Yesterday 10:10 PM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
0 Featured TV General
» Online Users: 251
4 members and 247 guests
catnap, gertie, Hodgepodge, klh
Most users ever online was 26,316, 05-12-14 at 10:02 AM.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.0

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Graphic Design by Crazy Creative
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.