Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Orville - Fox Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 11-10-17, 04:53 PM   #161
klh
Doesn't Know Why
Stares Down Smokey

Archery Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

Send a message via Skype™ to klh
Re: The Orville - Fox Thursday

Yeah, that's cool. But I had looked at the ratings a couple weeks ago and it looked like they took a big hit moving to Thursday, so I figured it was doomed.

And oops, I obviously missed your post that was only two above mine.
klh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-17, 09:52 PM   #162
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

And as much as critical reviews on the whole have been negative, i've heard (haven't actually checked this out myself, so i apologize for irresponsibly spouting an uninformed opinion) that the critics who like it have been particularly effusive in their praise, which could lead to a (wait for it) Family Guy-like situation, where a small but dedicated and vocal minority of die-hard fans might keep a TV show alive in spite of that show's numbers being not good enough to do so on their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-17, 12:13 AM   #163
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Yeah, the show has no new ground breaking moments, but wait, it did with the baby sex reassignment episode and no one like it.
I'm very happy with this show. It's like watching what I used to watch year ago. It has less complicated plots and is almost akin to easy listening music. I don't mind that either. The show makes me happy and I'm reallly glad to see it renewed.

I'll be watching the latest episode tonight and reporting to you all tomorrow.

I almost typed "Live long and prosper" but didn't because I started wondering when this show might get themselves a catchy phrase.
Old 11-11-17, 12:21 PM   #164
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Oh this one, "Cupid's Dagger" was very funny. A couple of LOL's for me starting with the opening karaoke scene and Bortis. Bout fell off my chair when he went to sing and the call came out from the Bridge. Perfect timing. Since I had to watch this OnDemand, I didn't get to see any previews or the final few seconds of the ending. Did Bortis ever get to sing? That was the best scene on the show so far.

Rob Lowe, took me a few, but thanks to you all here I eventually figured out who he was. Very nicely played by him as well. DeRullo, wasn't there a fellow with the same name on the Bachelor who got in trouble with a girl for inappropriate behavior? Anyways he was a nice guy and the effects of his pheromones were subtly brought out. LOL on Ed Mercer's attraction to him. Ahem, then were both naked in the bed. Wonder how far that went, or do I, before DeRullo left to help maintain peace.

And to maintain peace, that was a very fore-seeable ending to the story, the way he utilized his pheromone transfer for a peaceable outcome.

Another LOL moment was when Alara walked in on the Doctor and the Blob, Yafit. Rotfl. Such a goofy unusual character played by Norm McDonald, that is kinda growing on me as a real entity and not just a sneeze product. Now I've got a problem with how the staff can just enter anyone's private domain. Everyone has a right to privacy, but apparently not on the Orville. I wonder if this will come up as a topic eventually.

This epi was predictable but nicely funny. Thumbs up.
Old 11-11-17, 09:22 PM   #165
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh View Post
...Anyway, Alara opening the door on and finding the doctor and that blob thing together - you might watch and joke about how that might go down, but actually showing it was pretty funny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
...Another LOL moment was when Alara walked in on the Doctor and the Blob, Yafit. Rotfl. Such a goofy unusual character played by Norm McDonald, that is kinda growing on me as a real entity and not just a sneeze product. Now I've got a problem with how the staff can just enter anyone's private domain. Everyone has a right to privacy, but apparently not on the Orville. I wonder if this will come up as a topic eventually...
For a girl who's so strong, she's seems very young. But I definitely agree, she was taken aback by what she saw. And the doctor was totally into it.

Quote:
Oh this one, "Cupid's Dagger" was very funny. A couple of LOL's for me starting with the opening karaoke scene and Bortis. Bout fell off my chair when he went to sing and the call came out from the Bridge. Perfect timing. Since I had to watch this OnDemand, I didn't get to see any previews or the final few seconds of the ending. Did Bortis ever get to sing? That was the best scene on the show so far...
That was a hilarious scene, because the actor plays the character so straight-laced, I would've paid money to hear him sing. And no, he didn't get to complete his debut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh View Post
...Rob Lowe was great as Darulio, and now we find out that maybe Grayson cheating on the captain wasn't really her fault, which kind of changes that relationship in the future (I seem to remember reading somewhere that that was going to happen)...
Quote:
...Rob Lowe, took me a few, but thanks to you all here I eventually figured out who he was. Very nicely played by him as well. DeRullo, wasn't there a fellow with the same name on the Bachelor who got in trouble with a girl for inappropriate behavior? Anyways he was a nice guy and the effects of his pheromones were subtly brought out. LOL on Ed Mercer's attraction to him. Ahem, then were both naked in the bed. Wonder how far that went, or do I, before DeRullo left to help maintain peace...
Another thing about this scene that had me crying, was when Mercer caught them in bed, Darullio's head squirted just like it did the first time they slept together. Was that his orgasm?

Quote:
...And to maintain peace, that was a very fore-seeable ending to the story, the way he utilized his pheromone transfer for a peaceable outcome...
And, like you, I knew this was coming. Although, I only expected them to just agree to share the planet.

What we got was hilarious, especially when they started holding hands and kissing. Were they both male? I know I took them as such.
Old 11-12-17, 01:46 AM   #166
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Keep in mind that space travel is projected to follow the traditions of the Navy, where every square inch of space is at an absolute premium, and personal privacy is a distant afterthought at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-17, 02:58 PM   #167
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
...at was a hilarious scene, because the actor plays the character so straight-laced, I would've paid money to hear him sing. And no, he didn't get to complete his debut.
As would I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Another thing about this scene that had me crying, was when Mercer caught them in bed, Darullio's head squirted just like it did the first time they slept together. Was that his orgasm?

What we got was hilarious, especially when they started holding hands and kissing. Were they both male? I know I took them as such.
The squirting head
They both seemed to be very macho males imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
Keep in mind that space travel is projected to follow the traditions of the Navy, where every square inch of space is at an absolute premium, and personal privacy is a distant afterthought at best.
I've never thought of that, that space travel and Navy travel follow the same protocol. Great thought to ponder more.
Please explain more about the the personal privacy and every inch of space statements you've made.
Old 11-16-17, 11:47 PM   #168
nsguy
Cons the Conman

The Orville
S01E10 "Firestorm"
Thursday November 16, 2017 @ 9/8c on Fox

Spoiler: Episode Promo and Description

"When a fire breaks out on the spaceship and a crew member dies, Alara begins to question if she is fit for her job, just as unusual and terrifying things start happening on the ship."Source
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-17, 10:19 PM   #169
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm truly sorry I bashed this series in the beginning, because its gotten better with every episode.

IMO, "Firestorm" is the best episode to-date.

Initially I thought a member of the crew was trying to help Alara, but I couldn't figure out which one.

Even people in the 24th Century fear clowns.

And I know we've looked into the voice of Isaac, and I'm willing to bet it's Brent Spiner. No one sounds like him.
Old 11-19-17, 01:45 PM   #170
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

It was a good episode. Very true to original ST stories, but just a little bit more modern. I could not figure it out until towards the very end.

When Alara was speaking with her parents and her dad, the old Doctor from ST-NG, he says "Humans, the hillbillies of the galaxy" totally rotfl moment for me and my hubby.
Don't you want to see him visit the ship and encounter Bortus?

Speaking of Bortus, "Clown?" he yells when hunting for it with Alara.
And when the navigator, John, tells her that "hobo clowns are the hungriest" and therefore most scary. Good stuff.

Kelly going into her room is very reminiscent of an event that took place with Captain Picard. Does anyone remember that story?
I am enjoying all the nods to the ST series within this show.

My favorite show this year. Keep it up Seth MacFarlane and thanks.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »