Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > What I think is going on... > Parallel reality/ time travel theory

What I think is going on... Speculate to your heart's content, new ideas and old. Let your imagination run wild!

Old 05-26-07, 07:16 PM   #1
N9ne
Arrives By Sub

Parallel reality/ time travel theory

[B]This is my very first post, and only became a member because I was surprised nobody had ellaborated on this theory[B]- Note I have seen some theories that scratch the surface of this possibility, but not deep enough.

I believe that the flash forward is in another reality where things didn't turn out the way someone wanted. I think whatever makes the special ones special allows them to time travel or at least their essence (of some sort) to. The special ones (like Walt in the season finale) go back and change the past but in doing so create a alternate timeline. For example Jack's dad wasn't dead so he had a reason to leave the island (keeping his promise to his mother)= in the normal continuity Christrian is dead so actually jack has no reason to leave the island. In the flash forward we see Kate driving around like a normal person and unless she stole someones idenity off the island, she doesn't seem to be a fugitive. I propose in the flash forwarded universe the the guy in the military was actually her dad and her mom wasn't with that abusive alchoholic guy. Didn't it seem like her face was missing her freckles??? So in the normal continuity she was made into a fugitive so she wouldn't want to ever leave the island. Sawyer still needed to get his revenge so he had a reason to leave the island, but instead Anthony Cooper was brought to him and now he doesn't even need to leave the island. Locke's Back was broken (this is my favorite part!) So he was lead to believe the island fixed him. I believe in actuallity it was the spinal surgeon from the future who did. The spinal surgeon with the name of Dr. Jack Shepard!.. But while lying in the Dharma pit of death Locke decided to kill himself, but was stopped by Walt from the Flash Forward timeline (they did say eventually they would factor in Walt age jump). Also I have reason to believe that psychic who lead Claire and Ecko to the island was somehow aware of the future or working someone was, and sent them there live out the rest of their lives.
I don't think Ben is evil at all but I think he will go to extremes for the greater good. It's much like an army having to retreat and leave a battlion behind to die. The survivors are still expendable. i'm pretty sure next season we'll even see some survivors who are dead in flash forwards, and some flash forwards of people die on the island at the end of their episodes.
Jacob must be someone special from the flash forward universe who can go back to the island. Something tells me he is the alternate Locke, still handicapped, that's why he was sitting that chair. Maybe the reason why Locke couldn't see him was because he was him and it would create a paradox???
The Monster. Does anyone remember The Langoliers! A Stephen King story about these creatures that eat the past. Well I think the Monster corrects the universe of those it sees as a threat to changing reality. It makes me wonder how it would react when eventually encounters Desmond. I think it may react totally different! Maybe Jacob is to Locke as Desmond is to the Monster...
The reason I think Ben doesn't want Naomi's people to find the island is because they'll discover whatever the magic box is and exploit it. use it for personal gain instead of the greater good.
Before i forget, Richard. He's not getting older. Why? He is from the flash Forward timeline and has been jumping for quite a while but not too long to age much.
That's my theory... I kinda hope it isn't true cause i love the shows twists= so please if you got something better let me know or if you know something to prove me wrong. I'm desperately want to be proved wrong!!!
N9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-07, 01:55 AM   #2
jmb3rg3r
Not Amenable to Coercion
Sees Walt

Location: All you gotta do is take Main Street West to... or is it the Cross... That's funny, I can't remember
Re: Parallel reality/ time travel theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9ne View Post
[b]This is my very first post, and only became a member because I was surprised nobody had ellaborated on this theory[b]- Note I have seen some theories that scratch the surface of this possibility, but not deep enough.
We have a theories index and a search function, with which you should familiarize yourself.

Quote:
Time-related theories

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=26644

# 16 years? Something doesn't make sense...Time question.
# a Deceptive Chaos :Heuristic rebuild of Time
# A Wrinkle in Time
# Desmond's clock?
# Everything Changes, Hugo
# How many loops has Desmond "suffered"?
# Jack can time travel too?
# Jack, Desmond, and Locke
# L.O.S.T. = "Land of Slow Time"?
# New Theory... (almost) everything fits....
# Not a theory. Absolute proof of something extraordinary on the island.
# Room #23 Theory
# The Temporal Censor Theory (Well-written version)
# The theory of infinite regression related to Lost, Time, and art, explaining the "?"
# Time Loops?
# Travelling Through Time - A Reason For Flashbacks & Mirroring
# walt decodes time/space
Furthermore...

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...highlight=time

Just to pick a few.
jmb3rg3r is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-07, 02:44 AM   #3
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Desmond needs a new test subject, JM. Or you can merely help him to catalog his own time travel experiences.
Old 05-27-07, 02:52 AM   #4
jmb3rg3r
Not Amenable to Coercion
Sees Walt

Location: All you gotta do is take Main Street West to... or is it the Cross... That's funny, I can't remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
Desmond needs a new test subject, JM.
I don't know, Desmond's last test subject didn't come to a good end.
Old 05-27-07, 03:21 AM   #5
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmberger View Post
I don't know, Desmond's last test subject didn't come to a good end.
That's why the cataloguing option. Less dangerous to pose: Desmond? What happened this time?
Old 05-27-07, 03:22 AM   #6
jmb3rg3r
Not Amenable to Coercion
Sees Walt

If I were on the Island, I would advise Desmond to set up a standing draw poker game.
Old 06-06-07, 10:45 PM   #7
N9ne
Arrives By Sub

Re: + Parallel reality/ time travel theory

I proved myself wrong by going back and thinking about logic. If Kate wasn't wanted she wouldn't been on the plane back to the U.S. She would have never even been in Austraila.

Maybe the magic box explains Jack's father coming back to life and Kate's wanted level going down faster than Grand theft auto cheat code.
Old 06-06-07, 11:09 PM   #8
Farmer Ted
Laid Paulo in His Grave
Talks Backwards

Re: + Parallel reality/ time travel theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9ne View Post
I proved myself wrong by going back and thinking about logic. If Kate wasn't wanted she wouldn't been on the plane back to the U.S. She would have never even been in Austraila.

Maybe the magic box explains Jack's father coming back to life and Kate's wanted level going down faster than Grand theft auto cheat code.
Hold on; are you the other person that watched all 7 episodes of the N9ne? Or the Nin9, or whatever it was called?
Old 06-07-07, 01:04 AM   #9
N9ne
Arrives By Sub

not sure was that a joke but that wasn't me
Old 06-10-07, 02:43 AM   #10
shasta
Arrives By Sub

hey, why must you be a jerk, i mean did you really need to go through all the trouble of looking up all previous threads and post them,just to prove some kind of point? Not cool at all.

i really like the theory, and belive that the flash forword is a type of alternate time line.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > What I think is going on... »