Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + hollow earth

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 02-16-05, 05:24 PM   #1
thoughtform
Blew Up the Hatch

+ hollow earth

Has anyone ever heard of this theory? Some of the things I read about it sound very similar to lost. The Antarctic is about 1500 miles from Australia. The poles are supposedly entrances to the hollow earth, although there are many entrances all over the planet. A man named Richard Shaver wrote a letter to the editor of Amazing Stories magazine in the forties or fifties about how he had knowledge about subterranean civilizations and who they were. There are many things that sound interesting. Somethig about a cavernous underworld whose summit aligns with the constellation Ursa Major(didnt we see some constellation in an ep?)This is also the place they call Shambhalla, where it is said that in order to find it your karma must be ready and you must be called. Shaver said that the underground was full of two kinds of beings,deros and teros. They are supposedly the remnant of an ancient civilization who left this planet due to harmful effects of our sun. The dero and tero remained here but they lived in caves or tunnels. The difference between the two types are the dero were said to be affected by some detrimental energy flow that caused them to become more agressive etc. They playfully torture people by causing them to hear voices,abduct humans for testing(medical or genetic),they have laser-electromagnetic weapons, holographic machines and could produce solid illusions of creatures or objects,And created sounds that could be booming, hollow,or mechanical. Shaver said that these bad deros could technologically manufacture many skins for their bodies to be protected from the sun and one of the types of skin they created was bear like. The tero were more able to integrate and were able to stave off the negative effects of the detrimental energy flow. The facts are way too numerous to completely list but there are more that fit in with the show. Does any of this make any sense to anyone? Im not saying that this is what is going on, just some strange similarities.
thoughtform is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-05, 06:32 PM   #2
sloppykool

had never heard of it, but very interesting...i did find that he co-wrote a book called "LOST Continents & the Hollow Earth"
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-05, 07:57 PM   #3
spooky
Island Scribe
Pushes the Button

There have been hollow earth threads before, and threads with references to shambalah and lemuria. I don't remember anyone mentioning Richard Shaver, though I may have just missed it. So, thanks for the Shaver info.

I wouldn't buy into a hollow earth theory (tunnels maybe), but the reading on Richard Shavor was an interesting look at how certain ideas take hold, and an interesting history of sci-fi magazines, if nothing else.

Something I read characterized the dero as psychotic dwarves. If the hollow earth theory does have something to do with Lost... well, I miss Buffy with the campy and the strange... so if the hollow earth theory has anything to do with Lost I hope it's psychotic dwarves.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-05, 08:26 PM   #4
sawyerhasbestlines
Dept. of Clone Health & Zombie Hygiene
Sees Walt

Location: waiting for the next Christian and Ethan resurrection
This is worth bringing up again as we still have that unexplained image in the comic book. The one that looks like a a frozen little city on a little island within an island.

Right now, I don't think any of us are certain of what's going on. It's a free for all. We still don't know if it's supposed to be real, sort of real, total fantasy or what.

There was a time (1800's?) when the Antarctic and it's ice was a romanticized idea - and there was a belief that the poles led to the center of the earth. Maybe there is some kind of metaphor that we are supposed to piece together.
sawyerhasbestlines is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-05, 11:36 PM   #5
spooky
Island Scribe
Pushes the Button

You're absolutely right, shbl, I didn't mean to be dismissive. We don't know what's going on... psychotic dwarf robots, though... that's just funny. IMHO.

While I was reading about the Shaver Mystery, I came across a mention of an underground alien lab in Dulce, New Mexico. In Whatever The Base May Be, there was a reference to what I thought was Rio Dulce, New Mexico, but others seemed to think it was Ruidoso, New Mexico so I just forgot about it.

I'm not sure if anyone has already brought up the alien lab at Dulce, or not, so sorry if I'm repeating info. But after looking at a couple of websites about Dulce, NM, I'm thinking maybe there's more to the reference than as a small town with an old theater.

Anyway, according to the websites I visited there's this underground alien lab where aliens (with human help) carry out experiments using various techniques, many of which have been posited as theories on this board. Or, at least variations thereof. Here's a bit from the website which you can see here:

Dulce has studied mind control implants, Bio-Psi Units, ELF devices capable of mood, sleep and heartbeat control.

Other projects take place at the Groom Lake installation in Nevada, also known as Area 51. ELMINT (Electro-Magnetic Intelligence), Code Empire, Code Eva, Program His (Hybrid Intelligence System), BW/CW, IRIS (Infrared Intruder System), BI-PASS, REP-TILES.

The studies on Level 4 at Dulce includes Human-Aura research, as well as all aspects of dreams, hypnosisand telepathy. They know how to manipulate the bioplasmic body of humans. They can lower your heart beat, with deep sleep-inducing delta waves, induce a static shock, then re-program via a neurological-computer link. They can introduce data and programmed reactions into your mind (information impregnation - the "Dream Library&quot .

We are entering an era of the technologicalization of psychic powers. The development of techniques to enhance man/machine communications, nanotechnology, bio-technological micro-machines, PSI-War, E.D.O.M. (Electronic Dissolution of Memory), R.H.I.C. (Radio-Hypnotic Intra-Cerebral Control) and various forms of behavior control (by chemical agents, ultra-sonics, optical and other forms of EM radiation). The physics of "Consciousness."

The aliens also apparently possess the ability to use magnetism as some sort of power source. The whole article is here.

Thomas also says the aliens don't want the land, the gold, the minerals, or water that we posses, nor even the human or animal life. What they do want is magnetic power that surges on and through the Earth. The aliens harvest this magic power in a way unknown to us. Thomas says the aliens recognize this power as more valuable than any other commodity on our globe.

I also thought this might be of interest to the folks that think Locke or Ethan are being body-snatched: Thomas says that they know how to separate the bioplasmic body from the physical body to place an "alien entity" life-force-matrix within a human body after removing the "soul" lifeforce-matrix of the human.

This is all pretty out there conspiracy theory stuff, to me. But it's interesting that some of the ideas on the board sound so similar to the alleged alien experiments. It's more interesting if the writers were giving us a clue with the reference to Dulce, NM.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-05, 02:54 AM   #6
thoughtform
Blew Up the Hatch

Some of the situations that have occured so far have much in common with the alien abduction theme. Most "abductees" return from the experience with amnesia(temporary),lost time etc. So the abduction of Claire and Charlie with the following memory loss fits in ,however I dont think that it is extraterrestrials, but possibly intraterrrestrials. I do find it strange that Locke is always around to cause some major reflection on the part of whoever he decides on. I also notice that things always occur when the character is sleeping or just waking up, I havent figured out why and its driving me nuts!
Old 02-17-05, 03:08 AM   #7
sawyerhasbestlines
Dept. of Clone Health & Zombie Hygiene
Sees Walt

Location: waiting for the next Christian and Ethan resurrection
Thanks Spooky,

I don't remember reading any of that NM stuff before. Your input always provides interesting things to look up - and we've got a long hiatus in front of us. And I didn't think you were being dismissive.
sawyerhasbestlines is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-05, 04:09 AM   #8
RunLoganRun
Blew Up the Hatch

First of all, I have to say that the Ethan clone photo rocks ! I am a big believer in the whole 'Ethan has multiple clones' theory. I am also a big believer in the idea that Claire is carrying an alien/human hybrid in her womb. But, this information that you posted also raises the possibility that aliens have replaced the baby with an 'alien lifeforce' - that would make a great season ending birthing scene !
RunLoganRun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-05, 01:17 AM   #9
zincalloy3

Admiral Byrd, the famous polar explorer, first reported the hollow earth in his flight over North pole. He also apparently travelled beyond the south pole in 1929 into the warm climate of the world within.

the whole idea of 'Lost' reminds me very much of the writing of Charles Fort, and especially his theories about the super Sargasso Sea.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-05, 02:49 PM   #10
thoughtform
Blew Up the Hatch

It could be possible that Kate's dad was working at area 51 in N.M. and was never seen again for whatever reason and she has been searching for him. She may be considered a pain in the butt to the Gov. for all her digging into their secrets. She could have found info about experiments or joint alien and Gov. projects, Why else was she in N.M.? With all the info we have about underground tunnels connecting to each other all over the world and many of the strange stories about them in N.M. there must be a connection. I'm not saying that this is for sure what Kate was doing, just trying to link some stuff together. Maybe the plane in the safety dep. box is like a map for her leading her to the next place to look? Anyway, I think that it is possible that we are dealing with a hollow earth scenario or an apocolyptic scenario.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »