Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Dark Matter - Syfy Friday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 07-25-15, 02:02 AM   #21
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Dark Matter on Syfy/Premiers June 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
I am enjoying this show. Most of what I like doesn't interest many. lol
I'm still catching up. Just saw the episode with two Jaces.

So, I'm thinking One is looking like a "secret agent man" or undercover "cop" to me.

He should not have lied to the rest of the crew.

Didn't Five have a memory early on about a "princess" and her brother? (I'm wondering if the dead boy from last episode was the "brother").

Also Four was identified by the onboard computer system as a bad guy -- not a Prince. So, he also was incognito. I'm wondering if Two was his bodyguard -- not that he needs one.

So, 3 episodes (including tonight) before I'm caught up.

This is a good sci-fi show. The acting is good and the plot is terrific, IMO. Special effects aren't bad either.

I still don't trust that android. I want to knock the smirk off her face.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-15, 06:16 PM   #22
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Just when I wanted to pistol-whip 3, he turns out to be a mercenary with a heart. Too bad Sarah didn't make it. I wonder how 3 aligned with the crew of the Raza? It could be, he was part of the original crew and was left behind or he could have been a member of a different crew.

What was the name of the guy seeking revenge through the entertainment droid? Was he in an earlier episode or have we not come across him before?

The sealed room was a treasure trove. I wonder what else is in there. I'm thinking there is plenty hidden away behind locks that will lead to other stories or troubles. I can hardly wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
We got some more background information about the characters. 4 was a prince, 6 was a rebel that was misled and 5 was a stowaway on the Raza. We did see other characters in the sequence of 5's memory store. I am waiting for someone to punch 3 in the face. arggh
Here's what we know (I think).
  • One -- Not Jace Corso. Appears to have had plastic surgery to look like Jace and infiltrated the Raza's crew. To what end? Also, according to one of 5's memories, 1 grew up on a farm with both parents and had a good life. 5 called him some name but I can't remember it.
  • Two -- She should be registered as a lethal weapon. No other info.
  • Three -- aka Marcus the Mercenary (info from dead Sarah).
  • Four -- Prince on the run and falsely accused of murdering his father, the Emperor. The Emperor was killed by his wife, 4 was framed so his half-brother would rule. Four is skilled with knives, swords etc. Did 5's memory include 4's name? I think it did.
  • Five -- Stowaway on the Raza along with the dead boy. 5 appeared to be a "street urchin" and used her pickpocket skills to help her group survive.
  • Six -- According to 5's memory, 6 was a "misled rebel" who wound up killing the leader of his group aka "the general". The code to the locked room was one of his teachers' name.

Okay, so I'm trusting the android a little more, but I'd still like to slap her -- repeatedly.

Old 07-25-15, 10:40 PM   #23
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

Re: Dark Matter on Syfy/Friday

Five gets bits and pieces of information. Some from dreams and some from flashes. It is interesting how she takes the role of the person whose memory she is reliving, i.e. 4.

I am not sure about the boy who 5 stowed away with. I think there is an emotional attachment just not sure if it is familial.

I think that since there was a bounty on 4 that he was in the computer db as bad. I imagine he killed more than we have been shown.

I agree with your list of who is who. I haven't watched last night's episode yet. I missed a lot of shows this week. Been busy. When I catch up I will post more.

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-15, 02:28 AM   #24
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Power Arrow Medium Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! Planarity Champion!

I'll be disappointed if they all get their memories back and are ALL still good guys. I mean REALLY disappointed.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-15, 10:51 AM   #25
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Dark Matter: Season 1 Episode 8
"Episode Eight"
Friday July 31, 2015 10/9C SyFy

Description:
More:
"The crew stop at a space station to refuel and rest, but Six has a different agenda, which has to do with revenge. Meanwhile, One is taken aback by an unwelcome revelation."tvguide.com
Old 08-02-15, 02:15 AM   #26
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Power Arrow Medium Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! Planarity Champion!

This last episode had horrible writing, directing and editing. I'm quickly losing interest in the show. It's a far cry from the quality space shows like Farscape and Battlestar Galactica.

SyFy puts everything on a small budget and scale these days and it shows. Defiance does a good job with the budget but that's because they've kept the same sets since just about the beginning, which shows how limited in scope it is.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-15, 04:15 PM   #27
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Updated - Here's what we know or think we know.
  • One -- Not Jace Corso. Appears to have had plastic surgery to look like Jace and infiltrated the Raza's crew. To what end? Also, according to one of 5's memories, 1 grew up on a farm with both parents and had a good life. 5 called him some name but I can't remember it. S01E08 - turns out that 1 is some rich guy whose wife (the love of his life it seems) was killed. And 3 is the primary suspect in her death. So 1 gets plastic surgery and infiltrates the Raza's crew to get 3. So, I don't think 1 is responsible for deleting everyone's memories. We learned 1's real name but I don't remember it.
  • Two -- She should be registered as a lethal weapon. No other info. S01E08 -- have we not learned anything else about 2?
  • Three -- aka Marcus the Mercenary (info from dead Sarah). S01E08 - Marcus is the primary suspect in 1's wife's murder.
  • Four -- Prince on the run and falsely accused of murdering his father, the Emperor. The Emperor was killed by his wife, 4 was framed so his half-brother would rule. Four is skilled with knives, swords etc. Did 5's memory include 4's name? I think it did. S01E08 Prince Ishido contacts his half-brother -- I think that was this episode. We can deduce he told his half-brother that the empress killed the emperor.
  • Five -- Stowaway on the Raza along with the dead boy. 5 appeared to be a "street urchin" and used her pickpocket skills to help her group survive.
  • Six -- According to 5's memory, 6 was a "misled rebel" who wound up killing the leader of his group aka "the general". The code to the locked room was one of his teachers' name. S01E08 -- 6 appears to be hunting down the general (leader of the rebel group) to kill him. But I though he already killed him?

I rather like the actor playing 1 so I hope he doesn't get his old face back permanently.

It looks like the android has emotions. I don't trust her. I think she was programmed to wipe the crew's memories.

Old 08-07-15, 12:01 PM   #28
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Dark Matter: Season 1 Episode 9
"Episode Nine"
Friday August 7, 2015 10/9C SyFy

Description:
More:
"Four abandons the ship to embark on a reckless mission to reclaim his past and the crew are left wondering whether they should rescue him or let fate run its deadly course."tvguide.com
Old 08-07-15, 10:26 PM   #29
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

Damn! Episode 7 felt like Total Recall. No one was real. All clones. Sheesh.

Felt really bad for 6. He was misled and wants revenge. I hope he gets it.

The connection between 1 and 3 is wild!

It may have been the previous episode but I am glad that android got over her jealousy of that assassin android.

I hope we get all loose ends tied up if it doesn't get renewed.

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Old 08-08-15, 09:38 PM   #30
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

Oh brother. 1 tells 2 why he took the appearance of Jace and why he is on board. 4 is as bad ass as one can get. His father was correct when he told him his emotions are his downfall. I don't know why he killed his Sensei. Love how 5 hides in the ventilation ducts. lol Glad that 6 apologized to her. 3 must die, soon and slowly.

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »