Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Godless - Netflix

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 11-28-17, 12:13 PM   #1
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Godless - Netflix

Godless

Now Streaming on Netflix

Spoiler: Promo and Description

"Frank Griffin, an outlaw terrorizing the 1880s American West, hunts down Roy Goode, his partner turned enemy. Roy hides out at a ranch as Frank's chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico - a town mysteriously made up almost entirely of women."

Stars: Jack O'Connell, Michelle Dockery, Scoot McNairy, Tantoo Cardinal
Source

If you like westerns, even a little bit, you're going to enjoy Godless. I went into it with no expectations and knowing very little about it. Mildly slow start but crafted in such a way that you don't feel slammed by a forced dialogue which serves no other purpose than introducing the characters and the story. That in itself is refreshing.

It's a bit of a slow burn for 15 or 20 minutes but yet it still grabs your attention with its presentation. After about the 20 minute mark, the story begins to unfold and the intensity ramps up. Men on horses with guns who've been crossed and double-crossed and such...

The tone pangs slightly of Unforgiven in such that Godless seems to understand it's own whimsical elements and let's the audience in on the fun. The dialogue is entertaining and the set and direction are very well done.

By the end of the first episode, I knew I was hooked. I want to know what happens to these characters... and I want more of the intensity and the whimsy, which is why I'm starting ep 2 right now.

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 12-02-17 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added image and trailer
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-17, 07:17 AM   #2
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Re: Godless - Netflix

Just finished the 7 ep series. My word, this is an excellent western. The title suggests there will be a heavy religious influence. There isn't. It's just a great western. If this isn't on your watch list, make some room for it. You will not be disappointed.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-17, 09:28 PM   #3
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
If you like westerns, even a little bit, you're going to enjoy Godless. I went into it with no expectations and knowing very little about it. Mildly slow start but crafted in such a way that you don't feel slammed by a forced dialogue which serves no other purpose than introducing the characters and the story. That in itself is refreshing.

It's a bit of a slow burn for 15 or 20 minutes but yet it still grabs your attention with its presentation. After about the 20 minute mark, the story begins to unfold and the intensity ramps up. Men on horses with guns who've been crossed and double-crossed and such...
DSOTM, it was definitely slow. And, their were several times I couldn't figure out if I was watching a previous character or a new one.

Case in point. Roy Goode, the outlaw shot by Griffin and the guy at the Indian camp. Initially I thought they were the same person.

What got me thru the confusion was the beautiful and talented Michelle Dockery (Alice Fletcher). I'm currently watching her in the series, Good Behavior. You can't tell she's British, without her accent.

I'm also a fan of Jeff Daniels (Frank Griffin) from his days in the highly acclaimed, The Newsroom. That reminds me to PM, the Dawg.
Old 12-04-17, 05:07 PM   #4
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

I guess I'll have to watch this one this week.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »